SWANA Releases 2019 Scholarship Applications
Deadline to Submit an Application is May 1st
In support of its strategic value to support and provide industry education, SWANA has released its Grant H. Flint Scholarship Awards Program applications for 2019.
SWANA will award up to $25,000 in scholarships to deserving students in calendar 2019. In recommending students to SWANA for consideration in the North American program, many of SWANA’s 45 chapters will make additional local awards to students applying from their individual areas.
Applications are accepted at three levels: (Click any Category Link below for its application)
Links to applications in Word format:
- Category I: high school seniors – to be eligible, students must be sponsored by a family member who is a SWANA member
- Category II: College/university juniors or seniors (e.g., entering 3rd, 4th, or 5th year) pursuing a degree in a field related to solid waste management – to be eligible, students must become a SWANA student member (which is free!)
- Robert P. Stearns/SCS Engineers: Full-time students entering or in graduate studies in a related area – to be eligible, students must become a SWANA student member (which is free!)
Robert P. Stearns/SCS Engineers:
College and graduate students can join SWANA for free, which is an additional aspect of SWANA’s efforts to attract young people to the industry. For more information on a SWANA student membership, click here....
Atlantic Canada Chapter Scholarship Award
The Atlantic Canada Chapter of SWANA will also issue a scholarship to an applicant(s) of the Category II or Robert P. Stearns/SCS Engineers Scholarship Awards:
How to Apply?
- The Atlantic Canada Chapter will award up to $5,000 for one or multiple applicants at its discretion
- It is not a requirement to be a SWANA student member
- The Atlantic Canada Chapter expects the scholarship recipient(s) to:
- Become a free student SWANA member
- Promote SWANA and student membership at their institution
- The Atlantic Canada Chapter reserves the right not to issue an award at its sole discretion
All applications with supporting documents are to be submitted to the Atlantic Canada Chapter of SWANA by mail or email by May 1, 2019 to:
Atlantic Canada Chapter of SWANA Scholarship Committee Chair
120 Western Parkway, Suite 110, Bedford, NS, B4B 0V2
The Atlantic Canada Chapter of SWANA will review all applications with intent to:
- Award an Atlantic Canada Chapter Scholarship Award
- Nominate one candidate for the Category 1, Category 2, and Robert P. Stearns/SCS
- Engineers scholarships for consideration by SWANA’s International Scholarship Committee.
The Atlantic Canada Chapter of SWANA is comprised of a diverse collection of dedicated individuals working daily on waste management solutions, from all four Atlantic Canada provinces. Our 70 members are actively involved in the areas of waste collection and transfer systems including material recovery, recycling, and reuse; and landfill engineering and operations. With the ever changing solid waste-resource landscape, the goal of the Atlantic Canada Chapter is to assist our members in meeting industry challenges, with specific industry training and to provide opportunity to effectively and professionally advance waste resource management through shared emphasis on education, safety and advocacy.
The Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) is an organization of more than 10,000 public and private sector professionals committed to advancing from solid waste management to resource management through their shared emphasis on education, advocacy and research. For more than 50 years, SWANA has been the leading association in the solid waste management field. SWANA serves industry professionals through technical conferences, certifications, publications and a large offering of technical training courses. For more information, visit www.swana.org.